It's founder and director, Misa Kelly, is still active as a dance maker and performer.
With many thanks for all of the artists and supporters that helped many wild dance dreams manifest.
Our greatest joy was growing the company to an international status and ending our last season with production of a large international dance festival that drew artists from 5 countries and 23 different cities with over 22 happenings over the course of three weeks. At this event the universe conspired for the future flow as a collective and Misa met Trina Mannino and Mojca Majcen, who serve as collaborators and co-creators in the ArtBark Framework.
Definition of SonneBlauma . . .
Verb (used with object)
1. to ignite with inspiration: Their performance SonneBlaumaed the audience. Her choreography SonneBlaumaed her dancers.Verb (used without object)
1. to breath it in and breath it outnoun
1. a number of passionate artists collaborating in joint action to make a difference in the world by harnessing their life work to create, perform & teach.
2. an assemblage of persons that use the name SonneBlauma to denote fostering the artistic experiences of a lifetime by creating and performing profound, razor-sharp & riveting work.
3. an international 501 (c) 3 entity based in Santa Barbara, CA co-founded by Misa Kelly, Stephen Kelly, Sarah Wingren in 1996.
origin: bef. 1996. Cathartic series of episodes in Ticinio Switzerland and surrounding valleys with Scuola Dimitri as the container. See sunflower.Synonyms
Ingenious, quixotic, vivid, whimsical, wild, charming, seasoned, dramatic, emotional, daring, poetic, sensitive, exciting, innovative, metaphorical, mythical, magical.
Mojca Majcen in rehearsal for Moki's Wedding. Photo by Kathee Miller