Date: April 1, 2013
Time: 7:30pm, reception to follow
Tickets: $10.00, no reservations
Location: The Electric Lodge 1416 Electric Ave Venice, CA 90291
Headed down to the Electric Lodge on April 1st to share work on one of our FAVORITE series. MAX10. Fabulous community to share work with. Misa will be previewing a new solo co-created with Stephen Kelly with a really wonderful soundscape generated from the intriguing musical language of outsider artist Isa Topete.
Here is what the Electric Lodge has to say about this great resource.
Nine things to know about max10...
- max10 Performance Laboratory is a place to do brave work, experiment, and risk failure.
- max10 is an uncurated performance event the first Monday of every month.
- max10 is a place where new artists can show early work, and more established artists can work outside their genre.
- The event is called max10 because each piece can be no longer than 10 minutes, and there will be no more than ten performers a night.
- After ten minutes of performance a bell will sound and the lights will go off - we mean it, really.
- While we would love you (or someone else) to write about max10 - we respectfully ask you not to review individual pieces. We don't want the artists to censor their ideas because they are worried about a "bad" review. We want this to be a true performance laboratory.
- After the performance you are invited to a reception (beer, wine, and chips are included in the price of admission) where you can talk to the artists about the work you've just seen. Pick three artists to talk to, tell them what let you into their work and what kept you out.
- All genres of work are welcome - dance, performance art, music, visual arts, installations, film, slideshows, spokenword, martial arts demonstrations, performative papers, whatever...
- If you want to perform at max10 write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.